Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Week 8

Assignment: The assignment for this week was to bring in the photos that would fully enhance the critical points of our story. These photos were to come together, using Photoshop, to develop 9 to 12 slides of from our storyboard that we developed last week. Using Lighthouse we were expected to create a contact sheet with all of our photos titled in correspondence to their placement in the storyboard. In class we learned how to use different filters, preferably ones that gave our photo a black and white effect, and add color on top of that filter to give our photo a comic book look. We learned to place more darker color on the background and brighter colors to accent anything that needed to stand out.





Craft: Before shooting photos over the weekend my father, who was to be used as a character, left town on a business trip so I had to substitute my mom and dad for my sister and friends. After shooting over the weekend, me and my partner brought in our pictures into class and ordered and titled them so that they would be in order going by which slide that were to be used in. Using Lighthouse, we imported our photos and printed out our contact sheet. After turning in our contact sheet we then learned different effects to use on our photos. The one technique we learned was to give our photo a comic book look. To achieve this look we first added a filter, using Photoshop, that would automatically change our photo to black and white. For my photo I chose the chalk and charcoal effect. After doing this we had to unlock our background layer and title it "photo". Next we added a blank layer, and chose a dark color that we wanted to use and filled the new layer with that color, afterwards we titled that layer after that color. Next was to add another blank layer and choose a brighter color and color whatever it was that was to direct the viewer's attention. Afterwards we was to also title this layer with that specific color. To add more color we just followed the previous steps.





Composition: The picture that I like the most was the photo that I created on my own with the comic book look. I like this photo the best because I find the comic book look to be really cool, colorful and fun. I added four different colors to this picture to express what was most important in my picture. Two different colors were used on my character's skin to express and direct the attention of the viewer's to the importance of the conversation between the two. My background color was one color and I added another color to the wall to offset the color of my background and to give my picture more of a background look so that the walls can be seen more better.





Concept: The concept of this picture, as well as the rest of our pictures, is to show the viewer what is most important in each frame so that he or she can follow the story. The concept that we want others to follow is that a husband has left town for a few days and his wife is home alone waiting for him. Instead of coming home with a beautiful romantic gift, he instead comes home with another woman revealing that he no longer wants to be in the marriage any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment