Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Week 2

Assignment: My assignment for week 2 was to collect 25 pictures from the Lincoln era and 25 pictures from my era.


Craft: To complete this assignment I first started to look for 25 pictures from the Lincoln era. I researched Lincoln's history to also find pictures of people connected to Lincoln. I then went to sites such as Google.com, Flickr.com and Ask.com and searched for Abraham Lincoln under the images tab. Once I got the results I narrowed my search to both large pictures and extra large pictures to ensure that my choices were high resolution. After finding pictures of Abraham Lincoln, I also did the same for his wife, kids and his cabinet members. For the second part of my assignment I collected 10 pictures from my era that I personally shot myself in the past and 15 pictures that I also personally shot myself in the past week. These pictures were to be clear and crisp in quality. I then saved all 50 pictures to my flash drive.

Composition: I chose the first picture as my favorite because of the clarity of the picture and the crispness that the picture has because of the natural light that it receives. I also chose this picture as my favorite because actress Lisa Raye McCoy is looking directly into my camers. I chose the second picture as my favorite because it is such a classy and beautiful picture of Lincoln's wife, Mary Todd Lincoln.




Concept: I would mix these two pictures together because I would like to see Lincoln's face photoshopped into a funny background on a child's body. By doing this I would be trying to bring a sense of comedy to such a serious picture of Abraham Lincoln.



No comments:

Post a Comment